Monday, July 28, 2008

I have a new job!!!

So, last week I interviewed for a job at Texas Tech. She called me the very same day and told me I got the job. It was a great day. The job is Tax & Compliance Dept. under Financial Affairs. I am very excited about the challenges this job will offer. I will still get to do some tax work, which I love, but in different areas. Also, we are in charge of new policies around campus that deal with tax issues.

I just want to thank everyone who helped me get this job. I appreciate all of the kind words, inquiries on my behalf, and the good thoughts. I will start Aug. 25th, so until then you better call me on my cell or e-mail. I'll let everyone know through an e-mail what my new numbers will be later in the month.

4 comments:

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Kara!!

Good things should happen to good people and in this case, it did!! You really really deserve it. Congrats and keep me posted.

So Happy For You!
Kenda

Unknown said...

Good for you. I am so proud of you. Congrats! Grad school and a new job. You go girl!

Sending you a virtual hug.

Kerry Kern said...

Way to go Kara, although I will miss you being down the street from me, so glad for you!!

Jennifer Adling said...

Kara, we will probably work together. Are you working for Noel? You will do great!